Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring break is upon us, which means that I have five weeks left until I have completed my MBA. This is both an exciting, and a terrifying feeling. Exciting for obvious reasons, I am really looking forward to being out of school again. It's terrifying because I still have no post graduate employment lined up. At this point, I have a handful of pretty good prospects, which is encouraging, but ultimately, none of that matters until I sign my name to an offer. More and more my wife is talking to me about having some sort of party and inviting people into town for my graduation, but I told her I am not sure I will be in the mood to party if I don't have a job. She hates this, but I can't help it. The main reason I returned to school was to be able to get a better job than I had coming into the program, and if I don't accomplish that goal, then I don't know how happy I will be on graduation day. Anyway, hopefully I will have a job by then and will be able to fully enjoy graduation, because I will really only get one chance to celebrate my official graduation, and it would be unfortunate to miss out on that because I am unemployed.

I have a haircut appointment this morning. I am a notoriously thrifty individual, so I have always hated getting haircuts. What a waste of money. You get a haircut, then 2 months later you need another one, and so one. In the past, to avoid this expense, I have grown my hair out to my shoulders, had my friends cut my hair in the backyard, and gone to really cheap haircut places. Well, those days are over. Long hair in the business world isn't ideal, and I have had one too many really terrible haircuts from backyard and discount barbers. So these days, I am spending more on haircuts than I ever have in my life, and I actually don't mind it. The peace of mind I get from going to someone that actually knows how to cut hair is worth the extra money. Plus, the quality of the haircuts is far improved.

Anyway, I need to get my day started, I have to finish my course project for finance today, and it might take a while.